Friday, November 27, 2009

Christmas gifts - Ideas #2


Here are some more unique, great gift ideas for family members, genealogists, etc:

1. Get a good quality portrait copy made of one of your ancestors, frame it and give it as a Christmas gift to one of your family members.

2. If you or someone you know draws well you can have a drawing of that family member or special tree in the yard where they played as a child, etc frame it or roll it up with a ribbon to give as a gift. I've drawn pictures of my children at different ages of their lives. I've also given away a portriat that I drew of my aunt and uncle for a gift framed.

3. You can also make a small scrapbook of family photos or of one child or person's life to give them for Christmas. Pictures are precious memories that people never tire of. One Christmas our house burned down and we had nothing left but the clothes on our backs after it was over. We really appreciated any photos given to us of our lives, my children's lives. Pictures are irreplaceable.

No comments:

Post a Comment