Friday, November 20, 2009

Christmas gifts - ideas #1



Over the next few weeks I will have a series of unique gift ideas for your family or that certain someone who has everything or the genealogist.

1. Genealogy Calendar - you can make one yourself with certain software and materials or go to a print shop, office shop or a big box store photography dept to have them print up 1 or more unique calendar gifts. You can select heritage photos or modern family photos, baby photos and words quoted by family members to add with the photos.

2. Marriage Bond - I had a marriage bond made for my husband for a present one time. It has both our family crests on united and our wedding date. I framed it and my husband loved it.

3. Tombstone Rubbings and Photographs - You can make a tombstone rubbing of your loved ones tomb stone or your ancestor. You can also take photos of tombstones for gifts to give to someone in your family of their relatives. Someone who loves genealogy will love that. I also have gotten maps of the cemetery which you can give them to help them find the tombstones. You can also give them with that a history of the cemetery.


by Queenie 1

No comments:

Post a Comment